Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pinnyy Cinnyy

Okay I have a confession to make...I started spending a lot of time reading blogs and finding great ideas for decorating. It started around Christmas, I was looking for ideas to decorate my mantle. This has led to an all out addiction to PINTEREST. I am now spending an insane amount of time 'pinning' things. The good news is that I am actually learning and creating.
When I began this blog (I use the term loosely ~ as I haven't done anything with my blog in a long time) it was a way to try and be more creative. I thought writing was what I was interested in but I think I am much more interested in decorating.

Through reading other blogs I have discovered SUBWAY art in a big way and have been creating to my hearts content. I am always interested in redecorating and changing things up in my home. I thought it was time to give wee lad's room a makeover, however, I was torn about changing things as his room is really cute and still relevent. He is a crazy sports nut so we compromised by adding some subway art to reflect his obsession (and mine). His favourite sports are hockey, lacrosse, soccer, and football. I came up with words that reflected each of these sports and made four 8 x 10 pictures. I picked up frames for less than $10.00 from the Superstore and framed them. I also came across a quote that I loved and printed it out. I embellished it with stickers from my scrapbooking supplies and framed it. I organized them on the wall and have now incorporated his favourite sports into his room. I think it looks great. What do you think??




No comments:

Post a Comment