Thursday, April 5, 2012

My nest is closer to being empty

My daughter has achieved an amazing accomplishment and we are so very PROUD of her. She received her letter of acceptance to Queen's University...her 1st choice and it was an early acceptance at that :D

Why then am I feeling so sad? I'm happy that she is about to embark on her life's journey but sad that my time with her is coming to an end. I know we will always have a close bond but it will never be the same.

I have pushed her all her life to try harder, be the best that she can be and now that she has I feel like I'm losing her.

I guess after already sending my oldest two on their way to adulthood, I realize that once they finish high school the next logical step is leaving home and growing up. Foolishly I feel like my time with her (being her mama, closest confidante) is coming to an abrupt end.

This feeling will pass but I can't help starting the count down until she leaves...149 days lol

Life is always changing and I have to change with it...I will put on my big girl pants and make sure that I'm always postitive with her and as the penguins from Madagascar say "smile and wave, just smile and wave" :)



No comments:

Post a Comment